The agreed upon arrival was August 1, 2014 for a move from Texas to Pennsylvania. There is a 14 day period in which items can be delivered, according to the contract. The actual delivery date was August 16, 2014, 16 days after the contracted delivery date.
When we had called to set the pickup and delivery dates, no one returned our phone calls. We found out that our original representative went on leave for some reason, but no one communicated this to us and our emails and calls were left unreturned. We finally got a hold of her supervisor, and with him we set the pickup and delivery dates, and when doing so he implied that we shouldn't have left it so late to set the dates (we had been calling the company for three weeks with no one returning our calls). At the same time, we wanted to adjust our price quote to reflect the actual inventory we had packed, rather than what we had estimated months previously. The supervisor told us the price the original representative had quoted would remain the same, even though our inventory had increased by quite a bit, but when the movers came to pick up our items the price was significantly higher than quoted.
Communication throughout the process was abysmal. We were not contacted about the delay. The only communication occurred when we called to find out where our items were. Dispatch would call the driver to find an estimated delivery date and we were told they would call us back. We never received any calls either from the driver or from dispatch.
After our items were delivered on August 16, we found that a large item, an armchair, was missing. We immediately called the driver and he said that the truck was empty, which must have meant the chair was delivered to another customer. The next day we called customer service to try to trace the chair. They would not try to find the chair without receiving a claims form from us. We sent in the claims form and photos of the missing chair (and other damaged items), and we were told